Skip to main content

Reply to "Curveball @ 9 yrs."

This has been a great post. I know that I have learned/reconsidered a few things. I still believe that a curveball gets a bad name for some reason. I have actually seen a player brake his arm throwing a fastball, but no one ever mentions these injuries. You only hear about the injuries that are blamed on the curveball with absolutely no evidence that it was the result of a curveball. I am not making this up, it happened to me. I mentioned it earlier in this post. My injury would have occurred without throwing a curveball(they initally blamed it on a curveball). I doubt I would have this much love for the game had I not thrown a curveball. Why? I wouldn't have had the same success without it. I wouldn't have the memories of throwing a perfect game or 3 no hitters. I never pitched a game in high school because of my injury. My point is, your son may hurt his arm without throwing a curveball before he even gets to high school. Why not let him have as much fun as possible, instead of planning his future in the Major Leagues? You never know when he is going to get injured, or just decides to quit. Most kids at the 12 and under level will never play baseball in high school. It isn't because they get hurt, it is because they don't like it(aren't good enough). Most people's life on the baseball field is short, why not make the most of it!

This is just my opinion, take it for what it is worth.

I have enjoyed discussing this topic. I hope everyone learned something from it. I am now offically out of things to say regarding this issue.

Thanks for your time.

Take care. I'll talk to you on another subject. Smile