Skip to main content

Reply to "Curveballs"

quote:
His FB and his velocity got him where he is, so if you think that throwing 90% CB's is a good thing fir development of young pitchers, you are definetly WRONG

quote:
His FB and his velocity got him where he is, so if you think that throwing 90% CB's is a good thing fir development of young pitchers, you are definetly WRONG.

TPM any idiot knows that a FB is the most important pitch. You as usual attack with personal junk. You also show your lack of reading my posts and love to get on your soapbox.

A pitcher pitches a very small % of his total throws. Maybe 5-10%. The rest of the time he developes his arm. My son's teams were fanatics about developing his arm. He probably threw more LT etc than your son. He just stalled at aout 82-83 for several yaers. As you know he threw all year round. No one worked harder than he did and no he didn't throw CBs to be a STAR as you put it.

I would love to have you point out where I said not to develope your FB as an important pitch. I can show you where I said you need a FB mixed with a CU and CBs.
I wonder what % a pitcher actually pitches compared to other throwing like Bull Pen and LT. Maybe 5-10%. The rest of the time is spent on developing all your pitches. The pitching days are when you throw what you have developed. That includes all types of pitches especially the FB. If your dream is to play pro ball above MiLB you better have at least 2-3 good ones.
This topic was about CBs and youth pitchers. I hope you get that before you spout off.
Last edited by BobbleheadDoll