Skip to main content

Reply to "CWS Discussion"

justbaseball posted:
younggun posted:
Coach_May posted:

Final 4 set and 3 of the teams from the SEC. 

I’ll admit I am a homer and I’m certain I’ll get blasted, but I think this confirms the argument of the best conference. Last year you had an all SEC final and this year 3 of final 4. I realize the parity in college baseball, but that even further supports the argument, IMHO.

I’m not saying that Oregon State won’t win, but Arkansas and Florida are EXTREMELY talented. I think Miss State is a little overmatched from a talent standpoint, but yet they figure out a way to survive. I expect OSU will ultimately win that bracket. Whomever wins the other bracket is going to give the Beavers all they want and then some. Will be fun to watch. If it comes down to OSU, UF and Arkansas, I can honestly say those are the 3 best teams this year. 

After saying all that, Miss State will probably win it all!

I think Oregon State is the best team, with as much/more talent than anyone, but Arkansas is in a better position to win it all.

The SEC is a great conference - no doubt.  But without getting into an argument, the process (RPIs, seedings, pairings...) seems to be set up a little better for them to have more chances to get teams there. Gotta get there to win it.

Given the overall historical success of teams West of the Mississippi vs. East of it, I'm not ready to hand the SEC the "best conference" crown.  Not saying they aren't, just not quite so clear to someone who has lived on both coasts and seen plenty of college baseball East to West.

Why doesn't the Pac12 play for conference championship like every other conference does? Asked this before never got a real answer. The conference champion, regardless, gets an automatic bid.