Skip to main content

Reply to "D-III Academics"

infielddad,

I agree with all the above. But also the same does happen at some of the small D1 schools also. St Marys in Ca. small class size, students expected to participate intensely, others like that also.
It is juts such an individual choice, I wanted my son to go to a D3 we visited, I loved the school, the coach the academics, it was also Christian,great baseball school. My son wanted to try something else. yes hes at a JC, but is working hard to achieve something else. he wants a bigger school. I believe some of the D3 are excellent schools, some with excellent academics and baseball but its not what everyone wants.My son has a friend at UCLA, wants to work towards curing cancer, it wouldnt matter if there were lecture halls with 200 kids, that boy will be at the top of his class. Comparing a big D1 to a small D3, there is too many differences to count, but I believe students can get a excellent education at both if they really want to learn. I persoanlly like the smaller class size as well as the personal invovement of the professors and the mandatory attendance.