Skip to main content

Reply to "D1 Camp Readiness"

Well, I asked for it because you said "elite hitter" which is kind of vague.  How can a college coach evaluate "eliteness" other than with EV plus seeing how he performed against D1-bound pitchers?

When you to go camps and to high-level tournaments, you see that there are a lot of kids who can hit and field and have high EV and run a sub-7 60 and really understand the game, have to be seen to be appreciated, etc.  More kids than there are D1 roster spots.

Son's been to three P5 camps. We've seen some great players. Overall there's always been a variety and I think that's because there's quite a spectrum of players that are at different stages of development. Everyone has a unique timeline of their own. We didn't really care about his performance at these camps as he's not too interested in one and the others are probably close or already finished with their 2024 recruiting class. He hit well at the camps.

I would love for him to have more opportunities to hit against D1-bound pitchers. He got a good amount of opportunities to hit against current college arms and still hit well.

Even with everyone's responses I'm leaning toward waiting a little longer. It seems to me that the transfer portal has pushed back recruiting, so I think we can wait a maybe another month to see if some work with a sprint coach will make the necessary adjustments to drop just a little bit more. Thank you everyone for your thoughts.