Skip to main content

Reply to "D1 Camp Readiness"

I agree.  Son only went to two camps.  One was a requirement by PBR to play in future's game and personal invite by the University coaching staff.  The coaching staff got son mixed up with someone else and didn't even talk to him all day then when the volunteer came to talk to us I told him that the information he was giving me was for the wrong kid.  Son struck out 5 of the 6 kids he faced on 16 pitches and the other popped up on 1 pitch.  Son hit a couple of HR's from each side in BP.   The volunteer stopped us before we got to the parking lot and told son he needed to work on his control pitching.  When I asked about hitting he said your son did not hit.  He was a PO.  We told him what son did pitching and hitting, BTW no one else hit one out.  Volunteer asked us to wait while he went to get the HC or AC.  I said no thank you.  We got what we came for which was to be eligible for PBR.  They tried to talk to us at PBR but son apologized and said he was busy.  Bad part was the past staff was ready to offer full ride the week before they were released.

The other school son went to camp because they pushed for it.  He took 6'4" LHP who threw 90 and hit well and was the second fastest HS kid in Missouri with him.  They never talked to son's friend.  They made son very good offer which we held onto until he accepted UT's offer.  I told them then that they missed on a great kid who would have helped their program but it helped me know that coaches don't look at camps other than the kids they invite.  Even LHP's throwing 90.