Skip to main content

Reply to "D1 Coach Pulling Our Son's NLI"

I am in 100% agreement with Fenway.

I have no doubts that this is a bad situation, but I have to take it for what it is, and it's the preception of what happened to the OP's player and she posted in anger and I don't know the other side of it.  I am not sticking up for the coach.  These things happen and it is a shame.  Why not just send a pm asking her who the coach is?

Posting negative things naming coaches and  programs is not in the best interest of the HSBBW.

The best thing about this topic is that it does bring about awareness.

Write this down. Before your son commits make sure you have done your homework, don't let that big name conference school make you think that these things can't happen there.  The player is entitled to his scholarship, he may think you don't know that. The only way he can get that money is if the player asks for a release.  

Folks, you need to go in prepared to let the coach think that you are smarter than he thinks you are. 

This is where the importance of the site come in, educating parents and players rather than posting bad things and naming specific coaches and programs.

Ask this question at recruiting, "what happens when the players you expect to be drafted are not"?  We did, so we knew that in the program he was going, they honor all NLI and if money is needed, it comes from those guys that didn't get drafted or did and decided to stay. 

Last edited by TPM