Skip to main content

Reply to "D1 vs D3"

Congratulations Rdeangel... You're in an exciting spot with the prospect of playing college baseball ahead of you.  More knowledgable posters than I will give you some specifics on this hopefully, but I think it really comes down to A) YOUR specific baseball AND college goals; and B) the fit of each specific college that you're looking at.  For a lot of players, the chance to play D1 baseball will carry a lot of weight... It's the overriding goal.  No question that D3 baseball is less demanding of a student's time.  It's also less competitive baseball... Not BAD baseball mind you... but certainly less competitive overall than D1 in strictly baseball terms.

Some of the best advise that is repeated here frequently is to ask yourself "what college would I most want to attend if baseball had nothing to do with the decision?"  I think that's a great initial question to ask yourself in considering the schools that are reaching out to you currently.  From there, you can prioritize the opportunities... weighing in what they offer you academically and also how important baseball is in the scheme of things. Best of luck!!