Skip to main content

Reply to "D2 recruiting question -"

Based on his GPA/ACT, he stands to get a substantial amount of academic money, which is why I also think the coach mentioned the recruiting budget or lack thereof. He did say that the typical award for his program is $6000 give or take and they offer incentive bonuses to players for every year they are retained which is why I thought he might have a point with the high number of seniors. Coach told parents that they base their roster off recruited high schoolers and no transfer students are on roster. They look to keep their players for a full 4 years.

Our travel organization's recruiting coordinator knows the coach of the program well and he told us that he is a solid coach and sometimes their resources are limited. He did tell us to keep options open and if there is interest there, then he will probably garner interest other places too.

We are also interested in D3 school near Chicago area. Son sent video and email to head coach. Coach responded that day saying that based on his video, he would like to see him on campus for a visit and sit down with them and discuss program. I know they can't offer athletic money but thought why not go and see what it's all about?

Thanks for the information!