Skip to main content

Reply to "D2 recruiting question -"

hopefulmom posted:

And that's exactly it - it helps knowing someone knows the coach and the program. My son is excited to have genuine interest and we are trying to guide him a little so that he isn't jumping into a situation that can turn badly. We have him signed up to do the PBR GPA games in August and I am hopeful there will be some academic schools there that will garner some interest as well.

That's great. I recommend that your son do some research on the D3s in your area and try to make contact with the ones that he likes before the PBR showcase. He can call them, and they can call him (no recruiting contact restrictions). That will increase his odds of getting eyes on him at the event. It might even make the difference between a coach attending the event or not. On the financial side, you can use each school's Net Price Calculator to get an idea of what those school could cost. Don't let the published price of tuition scare you off. The net price for the average family is often much less at HA private schools.