Skip to main content

Reply to "D3 Coach talking to Admissions"

C24 - I agree with StandballDad that your intended major is a big part of this, and something you didn't mention.   D3s from the Northeast tend to be very liberal arts focused, so I would keep that in mind.   You are doing all the right things, and you seem to have a pretty good head on your shoulders.   The thing that matters most to the coach is your playing ability and if he can get you admitted into the school.  If you can do those two things you make his life much easier, he'll be a big supporter.   He has his set of baseball standards as does admissions with your grades.   So if you have those two things covered, you should be in good standing to get their support.  If and when you become serious with the school you can request an admission pre-read, and I recommend a call or visit to the Financial Aid office.   Although my son did not decide on a D3 school, he was offered by a few D3s.   We spoke to a few of their FA offices and they were very helpful in giving us the FA information we needed to make an informed decision with merit scholarships and financial aid.  

Unofficial visits are a great tool for you to see for yourself what college academic life and college baseball is all about.   The combination of the two is a lot of work.  I would pay particular attention to the balance and discipline you are going to need to do both academics and baseball well.   

In terms of recruiting, continue to reach out to additional D3 schools to get invited to official and unofficial visits.   Coaches are not letting up on their recruiting and neither should you.   The more D3 schools you visit the clearer your perspective becomes.    You have a lot to offer both with your grades and your skills.  JMO.

Good luck!