Skip to main content

Reply to "D3 decommitting advice"

I say jump ship immediately.....matter of fact I wouldn't even consider it with the $30,000 price tag!   As some of you have seen in my posts over the years, I am a huge advocate of getting the most bang for your dollar.  If you are a Dave Ramsey fan, he says the same thing....absolutely ridiculous to go into any kind of debt (or at least limit the damage) to get a college degree.    Your son can go get two years out of the way at a JUCO, then decide.  Let me say I am not in the top 1% and maybe thats why I am so tight with my dollar.  Also say that my wife and I have post graduate degrees and very good jobs.....just not mega money making jobs.   My son was offered from Mercer....at 25% baseball.  He/We did not even consider it with the $50,000 a year tuition.    I've said this before....the first two years are basically the same whether you are at a JUCO or at the 4 year school.      I will eat lunch tomorrow with four very good friends.....all JUCO grads.  A lawyer, an accountant, a nurse and a college professor.  We all turned out fine.   Furthermore......I would put up an engineering degree from the local State four year school at $17,000 a year against any fancy "prestigious"  school charging $50,000 plus a year.   Go ahead and bash away!!!