Skip to main content

Reply to "D3 Offers"

CmassRHPDad posted:

I think things are developing nicely for 2018 RHP.

The d1s who had initially  shown interest have stopped corresponding. The boy's velo is not where it needs to be. He does however have serious interest from some d2s (one substantial offer), and d3s.

I am curious abt these d3 pre-reads. When they say based on your numbers you can expect xyz$, is that it, or is there more wiggle room? I know that d3 assistance is primarily merit based, but im guessing there may be a bit more love if a school really wants him. Has anyone been able to get admissions to find a couple more $$$?

There is probably a very wide variation.  For starters, at some schools there is no merit aid, only need-based aid.  And then there's the question of who it is at the school that really wants him?  The coach or admissions? The  D3 coaches we asked about aid implied or stated that there was a firewall between them and the financial aid office.  If that's the case then you probably have less leverage than you might like. That said, I've seen and heard lots of reports of families asking for more aid and getting it. But I've also heard plenty of reports of the opposite.