Skip to main content

Reply to "D3 Offers"

CmassRHPDad posted:

I think things are developing nicely for 2018 RHP.

The d1s who had initially  shown interest have stopped corresponding. The boy's velo is not where it needs to be. He does however have serious interest from some d2s (one substantial offer), and d3s.

I am curious abt these d3 pre-reads. When they say based on your numbers you can expect xyz$, is that it, or is there more wiggle room? I know that d3 assistance is primarily merit based, but im guessing there may be a bit more love if a school really wants him. Has anyone been able to get admissions to find a couple more $$$?

Great to hear things are shaping up and offers are in place.  Since interest seems to be coming mostly from the D2 and D3 level, I will offer up that NAIA's do seem to have more flexibility and "magic buckets" where money can be found, should any of those schools come into the picture.  

I have to guess at why (less restrictions/ no NCAA combined with seemingly liberal use of athletic scholarship $$ ?) and my sample size is limited to maybe 8-10 schools but it does seem to be consistent.