Skip to main content

Reply to "D3 official visits and general recruiting anxiety"

SG,

I can tell you that for our son's visit(more than a few years ago) and when he was the recruiting coordinator for that program(not that long ago), the travel was neither paid nor reimbursed. Once he or one of the players he was recruiting landed or arrived on campus, the school took care of everything from the pick up at the airport until return to the airport. For those arriving by air, the coaching staff made arrangements to meet the player at the airport and for his return for the flight home.

From what I know, that is more the norm in D3 than the exception, but there have been threads in the past to know there are some exceptions for D3 schools which cover even the travel portion.

southwestprof, I just saw your post and question.  You need to ask the Head Coach or Recruiting coordinator. We did and the Head Coach was completely up front. He wanted to get our son on campus to see the school, experience the environment and be able to compare it to the schools in CA where some interest existed.  No matter how much he wanted that to happen, there was no budget for travel. 

It actually was a great conversation because it helped us understand how much that coach knew about our son and how much he wanted him for his program. We also learned a lot about the academic strengths of the school we didn't know about 4 months before,  which more than convinced us the airfare to  support that visit was completely worthwhile.

Last edited by infielddad