Skip to main content

Reply to "D3 Practice in middle of classes?"

@HSDad22 posted:

He will communicate with the coach himself.  I will  help prep him but I will not get involved. He's an adult.

I know this has got to be affecting more than a few players on the team, almost all are declared majors and vast majority are stem. And like I said, the school class schedule is not that flexible for anyone.

I'm sure we'll work something out, it's just extremely frustrating because everything to this point was going so well.  Great grades, excellent outings, each one better than the last, distinguished himself with coach and team, exceptional exit interview after fall practice with high future expectations.  And then you find out he can't make 3/4 of the practice times because they are in the middle of the morning, not early morning or late afternoon.  It's not one class that is the conflict.  You have to understand the absolute pain that scheduling his classes was, the horrible portal to do it, you select a class, hit save and see it full, etc.  It was painful.  And then we think we have it settled and then this.

Red flags here. He is in college why even get involved - other than listen. This happens across college baseball and coaches and players work it out. My son was a STEM major in college and I just asked him how his scheduling was going his freshman year and he just said "I work it out with the coach(s) and all they care about is that I get the work in" I don't think I ever had another conversation on it after this.

Relax he'll figure it out.

Last edited by BOF