Skip to main content

Reply to "D3 Practice in middle of classes?"

Not sure this is an issue.  My son went to a D1 and if they were at an away game / weekend it was pretty normal for the players to go to dinner with the parents if they had a free night

I think the difference in my eyes is it's Spring Training Camp in prep for the conference season.  They are picking up, flying 1000 miles to not just get to warm area to play early but to be immersed in baseball, to prepare for season, gel as a team, and see what they have for a team against competition that isn't them; a trip the school and program pays for to get better as a team.  Away from distractions.  It's not a PG tournament or vacation.  Anything that derails that I wouldn't be happy about.  There was significantly more in the details of the parent trip I didn't mention.  I couldn't tell who was running the itinerary for the week, the coach or the parents.

I do not see an issue with your scenario of a player who's at an away game, potentially near where they are from and the parents go to the game and the player asks permission to go to dinner that night, maybe one of the few games they can go see each other.  But every night during the trip, 8 days in a row?