Skip to main content

Reply to "D3 recruiting"

@BBSBfan posted:

I would be cautious about this ACT estimate.  There are some NESCAC schools where the low end of the average ACT range is about 30 (Conn College, Bates, Trinity) and others where the low end is 33ish. There are a few extra elite schools (M.I.T, U Chicago) where this probably is true though.  

From our direct experience, a decent rule of thumb is 1-2 pts below the average low range of ACT plays.  This is for a fully coach supported slot.  I would think your son wwould attract one of these if his velo is where mentioned or maybe 1 mph higher depending on projectability.   Not sure about coach tips but this comment may be accurate for those.   I have seen a few years of commits for some NESCAC schools and haven’t seen a declined at admissions yet.   As such, if you speak to an experienced coach down the line, it is their business to get this process right and they should give you accurate feedback.  

I believe MIT is going to be a 1510/34 this year. I don't know exactly for UChicago but based on the kids they are recruiting I'd guess it is similar. Pretty much the same kids being recruited by that top tier HA D3 schools.

Keep in mind, this doesn't guarantee admission. These are just the lowest scores a coach is willing to submit to admissions. Also MIT is no longer test optional. They just completed a study and determined it was a failure and immediately implemented testing requirements again for 2022/2023.