Skip to main content

Reply to "D3 Rosters and Eligibility"

We have an NAIA school here that routinely has 90+ kids in the fall.  There are regularly in the Top 20 in the country.   Has a Varsity and 2 JV teams.   The school is inexpensive but their facilities are top notch.....actually better than my son's D1 had lol.   Their teams (baseball & men's and women's soccer) are full of international students.  The level of player varies from kids throwing 95+ that get drafted...to kids who were the #9 hitter on a bad local HS team.   My son actually coached there for half a season after he graduated (then Covid hit).  He was surprised at how good the top 5-10 guys were....but also couldn't believe how bad the bottom 20-30 were and that they were even playing college baseball.  There are a lot of D3's in Ohio....maybe more than any other state.  The NAIA school would beat most of them.   The word around here is that the HC's salary is actually dependent on how many kids he has in the fall.....as only a small amount of them are getting baseball money.  The rest are basically paying to play college baseball

I was curious so I checked. I scrolled through looking for long lists .. top five

NY - 65

PA - 61

MA - 40

OH - 22

IL - 21