Skip to main content

Reply to "D3 "Slots""

Originally Posted by Soylent Green:
Originally Posted by BishopLeftiesDad:

But with the degree of diversity in D3, a minimum across the board would not be possible.

BLD - Thanks for the reply.  I should have worded my question better.  What I was wondering based on an earlier post was if there is some uniform D3 formula for ariving at the bands.  Such that Band A = 1.5 standard deviations from the schools mean average of all admissions, Bnad B = 1 deviation, etc... or something along those lines.  I think it's still the same answer, no.

A better way to ask would be: Are the minimums for each Band set entirely independently by each school (probably) or maybe some conferences set conference-wide ranges that each member school must use for admissions?

Edit -- I just saw the NESCAC admissions link that you added above... Many thanks.

And be aware not all D3 schools have these bands, and if they do they do not publish them. I am unaware if any of the schools that recruited my son did. All the coaches recruitied him for his talent but were certainly happy to see his grades and standard scores.

And even with the bands, you still have to have good academics. the bands help but will probably not get a c student into the D3 schools that use tips and bands. Unless they are a complete stud, and possible D1 talent, and the admissions office is willing.