Skip to main content

Reply to "D3 Talent"

quote:
Originally posted by Coach_May:
D1 17 Teams
D2 22 Teams
D3 5 Teams

This is a breakdown of the college baseball programs in NC at these levels. I have watched many D2 and D3 games over the years and God willing will see a few more this coming season.

I can not speak for other areas of the country when it comes to D2 and D3 baseball. I can say without a doubt that there is a major difference in the talent level at each level. There are players at each level that can play at any level. On a given day anyone can beat anyone. But there is a big difference from my experience.

I think we are misleading people when we dont tell it like it is and I am not suggesting anyone is not. But the fact is there is. At least in NC. Bash if you want. If your from NC and you have the experience of seeing D2 D3 and D1 and you want to debate fine.

And yes there are a couple of D2 programs in NC that are more talented than a couple of the D1 programs in NC. But if your going to compare as a whole = big difference.

Coach - I agree it is very tough to generalize. Smile A disproportionate amount of D2 WS champions come from Florida. U. Tampa and Florida Southern can play with most anyone any year. Alot of D1 teams look better getting off the bus, but that's about it.
Last edited by Dad04