Skip to main content

Reply to "D3 Talent"

quote:
The issue I have with the coach's thinking is that it's one thing to expect that level of work when an athlete is fully scholarshipped, it's another thing when most all of the players are minimally scholarshipped or not scholarshipped at all. Basically, they are costing their players tens of thousands of dollars per extra year they have to stay at school.

This is why I pushed for max scholarship.
There are lots of BB players who can handle the commitment to college ball and academics. My son and his 2 roommates had no problem doing the work load and having a social life as well.
The only complaint I ever heard was the coaches holding them for ground maintenance when they had to prepare for an exam. Also missing lectures when on the road.
If your son keeps his grades up he is exempt from study hall. My son and his roommates never did study hall once.
I believe the NCAA also limited how many courses you can fore go in their recent rule changes. I do know many players who lightened their load and who had to take extra courses beyond the 4 years in order to graduate. That wasn't an option for us.