Skip to main content

Reply to "Dallas Summer Teams"

Anywayyyyyy....

I'm not discounting anyones victories. Just came strolling through the board and saw a post that only mentioned one thing about the Banditos. How they went to Oklahoma and got beat. The accomplishments of the kids on that team deserve alot more credit than a comment like that. Their head coach never threw a pitch or swung a bat during any of their games.

One thing all can agree on is that there are some high quality teams in both areas. The best and most competetive games my son has played in were against Dallas teams. At 9 he played against the Dallas Texans a number of times. We always met in finals that year. We met in Joplin in USSSA World Series Tournament. The Texans beat us (Houston Rebels) in the final game there also. The Dallas Tigers and Plano Tx Thunder have been very strong also. I just wish we could have played each other more often. After BBUSA complex was built we really didn't need to travel to Dallas to qualify anymore. So unfortunately we only really saw Dallas teams at Memorial Day Tourney in Houston or at National Tournaments. Honestly, I'd like to see an all Texas Tournament Team. Seems like every year Texas teams just knock each other off at National Tournaments.

By the way Natural, your son is a great pitcher, #29 right. I'm sure he will do well in the years to come. Mine is #3.

Good luck to all the Freshmen trying out soon.