Skip to main content

Reply to "Davidson"

used2lurk posted:

Since most people wish they could go to Davidson (and their boys too!) it unfortunately unlikely to happen for all of us.  I am hoping to have an introduction or reunion with a bunch of people from this place when my 2022 is in college at Davidson or elsewhere. 

I heard on a podcast interview with Coach Taylor that there were 18 D1 baseball teams in North Carolina (he was talking about their great mid-week schedule and opponents in the area). I then checked and saw that there are 11 more teams in South Carolina and 13 more in Virginia plus countless others within several hours in PA/NJ/NY/MD. Everyone knows about the Ivies and Vanderbilt/Duke/UNC/other well known schools/programs that are excellent academic institutions along with being excellent in athletics. 

What are some other under the radar teams at D1 that are considered on the more HA end of the educational scale? What are some other schools that some of you folks who are familiar with the area and schools feel like someone who likes Davidson should check out? 

William & Mary, High Point, Furman, Richmond, Georgetown...others?

In the South, it might be worth looking at Rhodes College in Tennessee.  I believe Rhodes has been gaining a reputation for its baseball.  Elon has been quickly moving up US News rankings over the last ten years.  It's quite popular with kids in the Atlanta area who have been finding it harder and harder to get into UGA.  If you're not too concerned about the baseball side of things, Sewanee, also in Tennessee, will give you a very good education.