Skip to main content

Reply to "Davidson"

used2lurk - I personally like W&M.  A bit bigger than "small" and a pretty good school.  My boy went to a camp there November of his junior year.  He stayed in touch with them, but they eventually got a SS who de-committed from Virginia.  Don't know if that mattered or not.  Field is natural, a short drive from campus.  They have an indoor facility at the field.  Cullen Large (Bluejays farmhand) went there and his mom is on this site.  If I can recall her handle, I will let you know.

High Point is known for very nice dorms and student amenities.  That is all I know.

Boy went to Richmond camp twice, summers after sophomore and junior years.  I like Tracy Woodson a lot.  When my boy was near committing, my wife called and talked to Tracy just about baseball stuff.  I have always appreciated his clear communication style.  Whenever he talks to a group of parents, he will tell them that he wants bigger players.  A LHP from our school is a freshman there.  He is also very positive on Woodson.  

Georgetown has been at the bottom of the Big East for a while.  Good conference and it may be hard to recruit at the Big East level.  Coach Wilk is different.

Joe Kinney just retired from Lafayette and Tim Reilly got the job.  My boy texted him to congratulate him and they texted back and forth for a bit.  The campus is not in a bad area, but off campus is more of a gritty feel than say W&M for instance.  Their field is way off campus.  Nice setup with indoor facility, but a hike.

Bucknell has not put together the kind of record that I would expect over the past few years.  Not sure the reason.  Lewisburg is not so easy to get to, I guess you can tell that by looking on a map.  Looks bucolic from here.  I have not been there.  Boy liked Coach O'Neil a lot.  

Here is another snippet on Davidson.  If a current student (maybe also incoming, not sure) cannot pay tuition etc for 2020-2021, they will defer payment with no interest or penalty for a year.  This is so "Davidson".   

Rhodes and especially Sewanee are a much different level of ball.

Hope this helps.