Skip to main content

Reply to "DBAT MUSTANGS"

From an article entitled "Playing with Pride" (about bringing Texas born players into the Rangers organization) in the "Official Rangers Game Program April 25-May 1,2008".

"As we study other clubs and some of their successful practices, one thing that stood out is how the Braves dominated amateur scouting in the Southeast, and Georgia in particular," said General Manager Jon Daniels. "Since we're located in such an athletic hotbed, there's no reason we shouldn't have similar success in our own backyard."

The East Cobb Baseball organization is not mentioned directly above, but it is the driver of baseball in the Atlanta area. For those who haven't been to the site, I suggest that you check out www.eastcobbbaseball.com before you begin throwing stones at what these guys are trying to create for your sons. Based on Jon Daniels comments above, the Rangers will certainly be watching how this develops. I only wish this had been in place when my son was coming up through the ranks. I have a friend whose son started in the East Cobb system at 11 years old and he has nothing but great things to say about the way his son was taught to play the game. His son is in college now and playing at a prominent D1 program.

If you are really honest about it, if your son is still playing select ball at 16u, it is because he wants to continue playing after high school. If these gentlemen run this organization well and they help every player in their organization find a place to play after high school, is anyone really going to begrudge them making a decent living?
Last edited by Uncle Ethan