Skip to main content

Reply to "Dear Mr. Schilling"

caught_looking,

Actually I have not expressed a strong opinion about Schilling's interview. I have made two posts in this thread:

One is addressed to Daddy Bo, starting with "I think you did a good job of explaining what many believers, including some pro athletes, feel called to do...". I shared with DaddyBo a little encouragement and support because I had noticed some critical posts addressed to him, and I also shared a personal opinion that I hope my boys would not be afraid to speak of their beliefs or thankfulness.

My second post was a reply to BBM, a nice baseball mom who had just addressed a post to me. I started by saying "I didn't see Schilling's interview, but it would make sense that he would talk about being given the strength to get through that." In other words, I wasn't there but the reports I've heard sound good to me. Then I shared a pretty strong opinion in favor of Schilling's great performance on the mound, which I did see and really enjoyed.

If you're still interested in analyzing what I've said, please read through my posts again. I don't think you will find any place where I have attacked or criticized anyone here, or tried to dictate how anyone else should conduct themselves in public or in private. I sent a message of support to DaddyBo, without attacking his critics. I said I hoped my boys would feel comfortable saying what was in their hearts (although I wouldn't be disappointed if they chose not to, depending on what they thought was fitting for the circumstance - it's their choice). And I publicly applauded a great athletic performance. Some posters I have had friendly discussions with in the past have expressed dissenting opinions, and I believe they have the right to do so.