Skip to main content

Reply to "Decision to be drafted or go to college"

"Hopefully Notre Dame does Manship a favor by not yanking his $$, if he does not come back well."

Notre Dame has honored their one year scholarship offer to Jeff.. (Remember scholarships are only one year at a time)..

In speaking with another ND pitchers parent, ND was all over Manships surgery and now recovery, they are following him very closely and expect him to return to the mound next spring, if he is physically able to return I am sure that they will again honor his scholarship.

But this asks a question.. I am not sure what happens at this school or other D1 schools when a player cannot physically return to participate a second year due to an injury that did not occur while the player was a member of their program as is the case here. Anyone know?

My ND connection states that this is one outstanding young man who fully expects to get his education from ND and wear an Irish uniform next spring.. I wish him nothing but the very best in his recovery and we do hope to see him next season where he belongs, on the mound.

"JustMom"