Skip to main content

Reply to "Defusing the HM problem"

PGStaff

Let's see how my perception of how my son and my wife and I behave around our coaches and the ball park in general...which has nothing to do with my sole interaction here on the HSBBWEB. So I will mark off how I think I would do based upon your table of behavior

* Player has been in a lot of trouble...no
# Player is a good citizen...yes

* Parents have caused a lot of problems in the past...no
# Parents are supportive but don’t cause problems...yes

* Players or parents who show any signs of disrespect...no
# Players or Parents seem to show respect to everyone...yes

* Player who is not respected by his team mates...no
# Player who is loved by his team mates and coaches...yes

* Players or Parents cut down previous coaches...yes, not ever at ballpark, but we have our opinions about certain types of coaches.
# Players or Parents who never cut anyone down...no, and never around the ball park

* Players or Parents have excuse for everything...no
# Players or Parents who don’t use many excuses, but can clearly address the reasonable excuse ie. He just pitched 2 days ago....yes

* Players or Parents are full of complaints...no, never to the coach. May discuss an issue with our son.
# Player or Parents who don’t complain even though they might have reason...we may question something if we don't have a clear picture.

* Players or parents who believe they have no weaknesses...no
# Players or Parents who understand there is room for improvementyes

* Players or Parents take up too much time on unimportant things (shoot the ****)...no
# Players or Parents who are friendly, but understand time constraints...yes

* Players or Parents who are overly satisfied with accomplishments...no
# Players or Parents who are confident, but understand there is much more to accomplish...yes

* Parents that need to know everything (Meddlers)...no, but it would be nice to get a roster, and a schedule
# Parents who get the inside information from their son rather than the coach....yes

* Players or Parents who think they do know everything...no, but as like eveeryone else, we have our opinions
# Too many questions is annoying – Too many answers are unbearable...never talk to the coach, unless he comes over and wants to talk to us.

* Player gives the impression he is a celebrity...not my son, he's to layed back
# Player understands he is what he is...yes, that's our son

* Parents give the impression their son is a celebrity...no way, our son wouldn't allow it
# Parents understand their son is what he is...yes, very proud of him

* Parents who need to discuss (with coaches) their son, or the team, on a daily basis...Very seldom, if ever speak to the coach, no need to.
# Parents who show interest, but don’t become a “Oh no, tell them I’m not in” person...no, but we reserve the right to left alone if we don't want to speak to someone

* Parents who give the impression that they are not going to “let their son” go it alone...yes, but we do not interfere in his activities
# Parents who show their confidence in their son to go it alone...yes, sent him to Australia, alone, and Florida alone and he wasn't even 18 yet.

* Parents that show they will get involved if things don’t go just the way they want...never, only if asked, or son is being abused
# Parents who remain consistent and realistic even when things are not going their way...son plays baseball, we don't

* Parents that show the potential to be vindictive if things don’t go their way....no, but we expect individuals to live up to their commitments
# Parents who never seem to have a bad word to say about anyone...no, recommendations work both ways...coaches need to remember that

I would like to see others here take the test and be honest about it.

Thanks PGStaff things don't always come out the way they appear sometimes.