Skip to main content

Reply to "Deleted Post"

Standup,

I went to the video. Your son looks like he can swing it. However, his stats mean nothing because there's no baseline for any of us to measure him with. He could be facing outrageous pitching and tearing it up. He could be facing garbage and tearing that up too. I understand you feel he's seeing high level guys. It's a big world out there. I've been through it twice.

Here's my suggestion: get him to one of the Perfect Game showcases - like the World Showcase in January. Put him out there against some of the best players in the nation and see what he does. That's how you will get your son ranked, since it's the clear objective you have.

I was unsure of where my younger guy stood until I took him to PG World and then to PG National. You might have all your questions answered, as I did after seeing him against the best in the country. It's eye-opening to say the least.

I have to add one thing - comparing your son's stats to any other young man, for whatever reason, is pretty well out of line. Perhaps a better way is just to post the very stats you are so proud of and invite people to take a look at the site you've set up.

MM