Skip to main content

Reply to "Deleted Post"

Standup,

Unfortunately, the closer I look at what you say, the less persuaded I get.

Like a lot of people at this site, I'm mostly familiar with the PG WWBA events and the teams that consistently show well at them. However, I know it's a big country, so I have an open mind about people and programs and events I haven't heard of. Unfortunately, when I try to verify the information you offer, your compelling narrative starts coming apart.

For example, I looked up one of the players you said your son hit against. I couldn't find him on the roster of the school you said, but I did find him listed at PG--as a MIF committed to a Juco. So I checked the JUCO's fall roster and he's not there. Thus, what you presented as experience against a D1 pitcher turns out to be experience against a MIF who may or may not be on a college roster.

So I checked another guy on your list. Eureka! He's on the roster of the school you mentioned. But, whoops, he's an infielder, not a pitcher.

So I checked another guy. Same story. He's on the JUCO roster you say, but not primarily as a pitcher and not included in the school's press release about incoming players likely to make an impact.

So I checked another guy: he's not on the roster where you say he is and I couldn't find him at PG.

So basically your list of accomplished pitchers evaporated on contact.

If you want to persuade casual non-expert observers like me, hold the stats until you can show a PG rating or another credible independent evaluation.
Last edited by Swampboy