Skip to main content

Reply to "Deleted Post"

quote:
Originally posted by 2013 Dad:
CPLZ i understand your point and I agree to an extent. It just seems that standup is too consumed with the ranking. By way of example, 2013 son is a good ball player, but certainly not a PG 9 or 10, not to mention a ranked player. We are going to attend Underclass Showcase in St. Pete in December. We shall see how he rates. But whatever it is, I'll be ok with it, because I will know he did all he could, and if that means he gets a 6, so be it. You won't find me here complaining that my son did this better and that better than some kid who got an 8. I understand "standing up" for your son is an honorable thing, but you can go too far to the point you lose credibility. I truly wish standup jr all the success in the world, as I do every jr. here on this site.

2013, I think the problem most see here is that standup's kid has not attended any PG showcases. And from the looks of it, only attended one PG event - the Jupiter event. Most people here are saying that if you want a true evaluation and possibly a ranking, get the player in front of those who make those decisions. He should attend a PG showcase and get himself on a team that plays in more high profile events. To be noticed, you have to get in front of those whose notice will matter.