Skip to main content

Reply to "Deleted Post"

quote:
Originally posted by standup:

By the way, there is a PG nationally ranked 2011 player on his own team that my son beat out at 3rd base and I guess if I had made the comparison with him I would have had to add the other two returning senior players to the comparison because between the 3 of them combined had no homeruns and about a third of his extra-base hits in the same 28 games. But we all know now that is not what is important though it does explain my question on rankings.

I realize you aren't looking for advice anymore, however, I want to caution you about making negative comments or comparisons to your son's current HS teammates. Downgrading teammates stats or skills (even if your comments are 100% true) to build your son up is unwise.

As others have mentioned...the baseball circles are very, very small. It would be very easy for these comments to get back to your sons teammates, their parents or to one of the 8 baseball coaches at EMHS, neither of which would be helpful for your son's HS baseball season. I saw this very scenario play out in the Texas forum a few years ago and it was very public and left some hard feelings between dads of players on the same HS team.

As other have mentioned, let your sons play speak for itself...
Last edited by cheapseats