Skip to main content

Reply to "Denouncing Steroid Use"

Ok, let's see, this thread has gotten 35 (from only 17,18 people)replies and viewed 559 times. One person answered my question.

And it's suggested a million to sign up?

Bonds Exposed thread has 250 replies and been viewed 6036. More interest over on that thread.

Taking supplements with any performance boosters can be considerd cheating. Problem is, it is legal to cheat with some supplements and illegal with others. Many supplements with creatine are allowed by most college trainers for baseball. Creatine is deadly.It is a legal FORM of steroids. I am confused. So I can imagine if I am confused it's got to confuse those younger than I.
Please explain, my kid can't have a Red Bull but it's ok to use some supplement with that garbage. How can one denounce it if one can't understand the logic?

There was a post once about testing HS kids for steroids and most here said "no way". We have got to start somewhere, it's rampid among HS athletes.

The testing in some college programs is a farce. Steroid testing in all sports is a farce. It's rampid, they just move onto the next steroid that is undetected. I think it is wrong, I hate it. Too many looked the other way, still do, still will. Your elected officials as well. They know how we feel, MLB knows how we feel. Problem is they couldn't care less. THE only spark was because a very young boy died from using steroids and his family went public. I am not interested in bringing baseball back to how it used to be played, I am interested in saving young lives. That should be the MAIN reason why you denounce steroid or any illegeal drug in sports.

So I am just hoping that everyone does the sensible thing and has a sit down, serious with their kids, start young, over and over and over and over about everything. Try to help them sift through the confusion. Do it now, because once they leave home they are on their own to do as they please. And as much as many of you say mine doesn't use supplements with that stuff, as long as it is allowed, it's taken, most probably WITHOUT your knowledge.

In the interesat of good posterhood, does this answer the question?

JMO.
Last edited by TPM