Skip to main content

Reply to "DI vs DIII"

We actually find our son in a similar situation. He has had some attention from DI schools, but will not be an early signer. At showcases, he has been rated at a 7/8. The DII schools that have been interested really have not been a good fit academically. He has had some strong interest from several DIII schools. These schools are very good academically and a some have said that they foresee him making an impact right away. They are considering him to be a two-way player OF/P. The school that he is most interested in is highly selective. My son is definitely in the ball park for admissions, his GPA is high, he attends a private college prep high school,but his SAT scores are 60 points below the 50% percentile range. The coach would like him to apply ED. Question-should he apply EDI by Dec. 1 or wait until EDII by Jan. 15? What is the benefit of EDI over EDII? He has taken the SAT already twice and he did come up the second time. At this point if he takes the SAT in December, he would not be able to have his scores for EDI. I guess we need to weigh the benefit of EDI vs. any benefit if his SAT scores would raise. To be honest, my son is a really hard-working student, 91% avg., but standardized test scores have never accurately reflected his grades.

Both my husband and I think that he will definitly find his fit, probably with a DIII school. We couldn't be happier for him. He has worked so hard in school and on the field. He has enjoyed the process so far and is truly excited about his prospects. Thanks to HSBBW we have been able to gain some great insight from all of the generous posters here and have been able to enjoy the ride as well!!
Last edited by MD21