Skip to main content

Reply to "DI vs DIII"

After much thought and discussion, son has decided to apply EDI to the DIII school. He really felt that this school is the right "fit" for him. There is so much upside to this school academically and it is unique in it affordability- yeah mom and dad!! Coach called and said that they will personally advocate for him in the admissions process;we will keep our fingers crossed. He is going to take the SAT's one last time just in case he gets deferred back to the regular pool of applicants. I hope that making the decision to apply EDI does not hurt his chances of getting merit scholarships or financial aid.

A big thank you to PopTime, theEH, ClevelandDad, etc. for sharing your insights on this topic. I think at times we get caught up in the hype of DI. Don't get me wrong he was completely flattered to be considered for DI, but your perspective gave us the chance to be really happy and excited to go to a great DIII school. He WILL be following his childhood dream-the opportunity to play college baseball and getting a great education!!