Skip to main content

Reply to "Diary of a Freshman at D1 P5 baseball Team"

I'm surprised they are already inner squading but I guess difference between south and north.  Ya'll are trying to get everything in before the cold weather hits where as son will not have first inner squad for 2 more weeks but began lifting in August.  We will inner squad through first week of November but I would guess by then most of the northern teams are shutting down anything on field.  Also surprised they are having freshmen throw live this early.  Not the usual down here.  They want to get them in their routine before they see the mound live.  All except 2 freshman took summer classes and was on campus learning the lifts and workouts and practice plan before returning guys got there.  One freshman who was not there has been kicked out of the weight room several times for not knowing how to do the lifts properly.  Older guys do not play if they have to do extra stuff because you can't do it right.

it has been interesting reading the differences between son's and friend's at SEC schools in south and your son's experiences.