Skip to main content

Reply to "Diary of a Senior Season"

I'm not knocking your book or your love of the game. The posts were great his year. I just feel like you are discrediting one of the best pitching performances you'll see. It wasn't only a one-hit shutout, it was one pitch from PERFECTION. No hitters involve some degree of luck, perfect games are masterfully thrown. As a fan of the game, the fact that kid had "average" stuff and shoved it down Aquinas's throats should not be overlooked as luck, bad umpiring, the wind, the size of the park, etc., etc. If I remember the only hit Aquinas had was a squibber up the middle, one foot to the left and the kid throws a perfect game. It's easy to blow guys away (i.e. Raben). Its much more difficult to throw three pitches for strikes anywhere you want and keep 'em guessing without being able to throw it by guys when ever you feel like it. Not to mention going on the road to do it against supposedly one of the best teams in the state. I think the kid was only a Jr. to boot. As a student of the game I thought you would have given that kid more credit. I enjoy the posts, keep 'em coming.