Skip to main content

Reply to "Did A Earthquake Just Hit MLB?"

Mets and A's really damaged those O's teams from 66 to 74  They might have won as many as 6 series instead of 2 if not for those teams.  Those Baltimore teams are always underrated in the discussions of great teams IMO.

In '66, Orioles swept the Dodgers.  Only four pitchers threw for the Orioles. Gave up two ER's in total.

Reds were the other great team in that period. Hard to call them underrated, but they could have had two more WS rings.

I lived in Wichita Falls for a while as a kid (great town!). My dad took me to an early season double header of another early 70's powerhouse, The Texas Rangers. It may have been the season they didn't loose a hundred games. Opponent was the world series champion Oakland A's. Before the game my dad gave me 14" yellow legal pad and said go down there and see if you can get some autographs. On one page I had Sal Bando, Joe Rudi, Gene Tennace, Reggie Jackson, Vida Blue and a couple other A's and Rangers.

It would have been so nice to put those autographs someplace special so I still had them.