Skip to main content

Reply to "Did I do the right thing."

quote:
Originally posted by cccsdad:

In our league you get 3 foul balls and your out, this was the 3rd foul ball, so he would not have had a "do over".

Sounds to me like a perfect place for the automatic do-over. BTW: how do you hit 3 foul balls off a tee?
quote:

Here's where I have the issue, I agree 100% with the above quote, IF the guy making the call, knows the rules in regards to calling a ball fair or foul.
As soon as he told me he thought since the ball hit foul first it was a foul ball, and that he saw it hit the base,it no longer became a "judgement call", because he already admitted in his "judgement" the ball hit the base, ball hits the base, it's fair.

No can do. What if the kid stopped running when the ball was called foul (maybe he did) and was thrown out at 1st? Now what? I would tell the coaches "we f'ed up. The ball should have been called fair, but we can't make it fair so we're going to do it over." If they argue with that, I remind them that it's 6 year-old T-ball. If they persist, then C-ya.

In any event, you obviously care about giving the kids a good game. My hat's off to you for that.