Skip to main content

Reply to "Did I do the right thing."

quote:
If you go back a few posts to dash's response....he states:

"6 year-old T-ball? Anything goes. Do whatever feels right for the kids."

But then he followed that up with.

quote:
You called time (BTW, time was already out), and had a discussion with your partner, probably in the middle of the field with everyone watching, and reversed his call. How do you think that made him feel?

That kind of voids the first comment.

quote:
"any umpires decision which involves judgment, such as whether a ball is fair or foul, whether a pitch is a strike or ball, or whether a runner is safe or out is final.

Agreed 100% so long as his "judgement" was made due to his understanding of the rules. In other words, if he called it a foul ball beacause in his "judgement" the ball didn't touch the base, even if I saw it hit the base, , I wouldn't have said anything. But he SAW the ball hit the base, the rules...

quote:
we are only doing what the rule book tells us to do.......

the rules say if the ball hits the base, it's a fair ball, yes? His call was not made because in his judgement, the ball didn't hit the base, it was made because, due to his lack of understanding of the rules.

quote:
we are only doing what the rule book tells us to do.......

Anyway I fully understand at the upper levels, how this would be called, I just had a problem when he went into the whole

quote:
You called time (BTW, time was already out), and had a discussion with your partner, probably in the middle of the field with everyone watching, and reversed his call. How do you think that made him feel?

Issue, I felt (wrongly so I guess) that he was saying I should have been more concerned for my partners feelings, than getting the call right.

Anyway, I think this horse has officially been beaten to death.
Last edited by cccsdad