Skip to main content

Reply to "Did you OVER or UNDER estimate your kids ability?"

First post, although I've been following this site for a while.

Topic was interesting, as I have a 2016 son who I knew was a solid player in our area, but not sure how, or if, that translated to college.  Was he D1, D3?  I really didn't know. 

Took him to a mid level D1 invite camp this winter and they asked him to stick around and come in the next day and they made him an offer.

Point being that it's hard to guage one's own kid. Some wear rose colored glasses, and others guard against disappointment. 

Best thing has been to go to an unbiased source to try to get a realistic picture so one knows where to concentrate their efforts with respect to contacting schools.  PBR was helpful in our area.

Will say that the process has changed so much since when I was a high school student, and I couldn't imagine going through it without help and guidance from folks who have already gone through it and from various posts and advice on this site.

To all of you with 2016's, good luck this summer. Seems like this is crucnh time for those rising seniors with college aspirations.