Skip to main content

Reply to "Difference in Philosophys"

cabbagedad posted:
roothog66 posted:

Now, let me come at this from a different way. I have often been the coach with some kid who was seeing an instructor who taught things I didn't agree with and didn't want done. Here is my philosophy. I'll teach you what I know and if you decide to go with your guru, that's your decision, but you better not stumble. I'll stand behind a kid who is slumping, but working hard on what I happen to believe will help. You have to understand, though, that if you're slumping and you're working on things I think are counter-productive or you don't want to follow the things that I think will help you, then your going to find yourself on the bench pretty soon. If what you are doing, though, works, I'll pay attention and may even steal it. 

This is a much more accurate perspective from the coach's side than anything else posted thus far.  The OP problem is a real one.  Son hasn't excelled on the field enough yet to have leverage with the HS coach.  We don't know enough about the specific differences in question yet and don't know what it is that the HS coach doesn't like about TBR teachings.   But, it must be something specific and noticeable for it to be at this point.  So, I don't think this is one of those scenarios where the "nod and agree and then do what you want" is gonna work.  (Personally, I don't think that's great advice anyway, but that's for another discussion.)  

Luvmykids, I, like others, would like to know those specifics that HS coach doesn't like about TBR if you are comfortable sharing.  I think that's the only way you can get any decent actionable advice here.  

I sent you a PM....