Skip to main content

Reply to "Dilemma"

quote:
Originally posted by RLB:
quote:
Originally posted by TedWilliams:
quote:
Originally posted by RLB:
If this is the actual conversation then you both handled this wrong.

When you are going to spend money on a product that is offered by multiple sources and cost over $1,000, how do you handle it? Do you have any expectations?

You handled this wrong by requesting guarantees to begin with. The coaches that told you no were the ones that handled it correctly. The correct response to your poorly handled question is, 'we do not guarantee specific amounts of playing time nor specific positions but I can assure you each kid on the team will have the opportunity to earn a spot in the lineup.'

You are not realizing the future handicap you are putting on your kid. Realize that your son can't buy his way out of a job interview when he is done with college - if he is lucky enough to play baseball for years to come, this game just gets seemingly more unfair...in actuality it just gets more and more difficult with tougher breaks, the sooner you stop agenting the kid the better chance he will have at dealing with these breaks whether they are dealt to him in baseball or in a job interview.

You don't buy or pay for a position. You pay for many other aspects of the Summer, but a position is absolutely not one of them.

Also, if I were coaching I wouldn't have let him go on a week long church camp. You are the one that broke the commitment to the team.

Couldn't have said it better or more clearer, RLB.