Skip to main content

Reply to "Dirtbags Baseball"

FWIW,

I scanned the list of DirtBag alumni.  Just checking the drafted players I can assure people that most all of them played full time for the DirtBags.  That includes most all he first round picks and MLB players.

I have no idea how the program works for younger or less talented kids.  I can say that the highest level DirtBag teams would be a top 10 National program in most years. In fact, they have won many highest level tournaments including the WWBA World Championship in Jupiter.  And that team is usually the same team they play with all summer.

Knowing that they want the best possible program and they have a track record of choosing the right players, maybe the lower programs are some type of feeder system.  I would think they have proven to be good at evaluating players.  Just like everywhere if the player shows ability or improvement, he moves up the ladder. BTW, this approach is used by some of the top programs in the country.  It's not just a DirtBag thing.

Once again, I honestly don't know about all these other teams.  I really only know about their top teams. And they are about as good as it gets.