Skip to main content

Reply to "Discussing offer"

Thanks guys, I'm not really sure exactly what a "placeholder offer" is, but I'm pretty sure that it is a solid offer. I think the offering school wants us to make a decision before early signing period, but not sure how much before. I told them we would probably be making a decision sometime right after the end of the month and they seemed good with that. Not to get into too much detail, this school had seen son pitch a couple of times and needed to see him once more in the fall and let the HC see him. We went there as part of a team showcase and were going to do a campus visit at that time. Well, turned out we were there on Labor Day weekend so the school was pretty dead and most buildings locked up, so we didn't get a chance to do it. So they still want us to come for the tour before we give them a definite answer. I will say the offer was for a good bit more than the minimum 25%, so I don't think it was a placeholder offer. Although we've never been through this before, I would say it's the real deal.

I appreciate the advice so far. I'm thinking we would like the school that has offered over the other in conference we are going to and I don't see how they can offer son much more than the other school, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Both schools know the other is interested because we have told both that we were visiting the other, but school B doesn't know school A has made an offer yet (unless they found out through the grapevine).

There are 2 other schools that have shown interest and that son will be in front of before the end of the month, so that is part of what we are waiting on before we give a definite yes.

It should be interesting. Bottom line is, son really got what I consider a very good offer from a top 20 D2 school. It is not a bad place to start at all. Big Grin