Skip to main content

Reply to "Discussing offer"

Just as an FYI, went to School B today for the campus visit. I believe School B asked if School A offered, but never brought up or asked what exactly they offered. They made their pitch, made son an offer and left it at that.

Offer was good, although not as good as School A. Still a consideration though. Really one more school to go see and we will make a decision. I really want to leave most of it up to son since it is where he will be spending the next 4 years. It is a real growing up time for him with big decisions to be made.

Both schools really want answers before early signing period, which I have no problem with, but found it interesting. Coaches today talked about with the Big D1's grabbing players earlier and earlier, it is forcing the D2's to get earlier as well.

I asked about Jupiter and he pretty much said they don't go there anymore because they pretty much have their recruiting class wrapped up by then. And that makes me wonder if Jupiter has more become a place for pro scouts to be looking for next year's draft? Are the D1 schools using this event to look for the following year's recruiting class? Not too sure. Doesn't seem like the big D1's or anyone for that matter will have room for anyone new in this year's recruiting class by end of October. If you have committed already, as a senior, is there any purpose to going to Jupiter? Unless you are looking to be drafted?

Just some thoughts as a result of talking to coaches again.