Skip to main content

Reply to "Division 1 Baseball"

Showball$ posted:

How much money do you have to spend?

Keep adding velo, you aren't far off with 3 years to go. Try for 84 this summer, 87/88 next. Be your own advocate, make contacts early, get SAT done early.

And get ready to outspend the competition so you can be at all the for profit recruiting events the gatekeepers have these days. Be sure and stay signed up with a 6k a year showcase team for next 3 years.

Uncalled for.  A freshman teenager asked a simple question to a bunch of adults for advice on whether he should be able to play at the D1 level with a beginning point of 78 mph as a freshman and you, the adult, went sarcastic and made fun of him.  Not good.

Now to the OP.  My son who is a freshman at P5 LHP was 80 going into freshman year, 84 going into sophomore, 87 going into junior, 89 going into senior year.  Now 91.  The key is to keep working on building up arm by weights, long toss, and good mechanics.  Play at the highest level you can play.  Being a LHP is a huge advantage.  Just know that if you can't afford to play for the big organizations there are teams that will help a lhp with control all the time.  If you need advice on how to get picked up by these tournaments, pm me and I will give you info.  WWBA teams are always looking for LHP every age group.  Son played 15,16,17, and 18U WWBA as a freshman.  Paid little to nothing to play those tournaments and got great exposure.  good luck.