Skip to main content

Reply to "Division 3"

I have been doing research on the predicament of the student loan  bubble and the impact, especially on the smaller schools. The schools with million/billion $ endowments are less likely to be impacted. My industry is littered with graduates making no student loan repayment effort to interest only. Few are making enough impact to decrease the principal amount. Eventually, something has gotta give. Graduating students with 10's to hundreds of thousands of dollars in unsecured debt, basically a government backed signature loan is insane. These students may not be able to escape the debt, but they can dodge repayment thru forbearance and various income sensitive payment options. Then they can also dodge thru contract work, etc.
How can you check out a schools financials and fiscal risk??? Are a college's financials a matter for public knowledge?
UAB, just dropped their football program. We know 5 FB players there that are incoming next year to Sr's. They were actively recruiting FB players!
We have 2 friends that are commited to the baseball program as 2015 HS grads. No absolute baseball won't fall next? I certainly am not having 2016 consider the program. One 2015 is looking elsewhere, but has been commited to UAB since summer. The other is trying to ride it out.