Skip to main content

Reply to "Do parents always go on college recruiting visits?"

quote:
Originally posted by TPM:
AL MA,
Jack Leggett did a good job with his coaches! Smile

Yep!! Have to agree with that. Just to name your's and my favorite Coach O'Sullivan and Corbin and there are others coached under Coach Leggett.

I was amazed at the difference we saw in how the various coaches we met conducted themselves, opened up about their program and goals, maintained their office and other facilities.

I started to think back on how many HC and assistants I met or talk to on the phone during the recruiting process; I'd say at least 8 or so programs with specific interset in their programs and several others at various events we attended. Of course this is only one factor and can change with the coach leaving, which happeded at Auburn while we were evaluating programs and coaches.

The kicker here is that my interest was in talking to all the pitching coaches. I had a scout tell me that the most important thing I could do for my son was to find him a good pitching coach at the college level. And when we put Coach Johnson and Coach Cobin together in any evaluation only 100 miles from home is was an easy decision.

I say all this to point out to not hesitate to take some time and talk to the coach that may coach your son. Get to know them, their style and demeanor. It does and will make a difference in your choice.